Write a story
Puyol Mos wrote this story and was read by 213 people. For free.
Show the most relevant picture
Do not show previous picture
By registering on the site you agree to
25 Mistakes Everyone Makes When They First Get To NYC
Rescued bear, lion and tiger "brothers" refuse to be separated after 15 years together
Meet Gimo, The Cat With The Biggest Eyes Ever
Does Nutella cause cancer?
Similarities between Pope Francis and Trump
USA also have saints
Home remedies that can help relieve the pain when you have canker sores
How Namibia turns sewage into drinking water
Look what this airport did with a teddy bear forgotten by a girl
Marathon is getting new operators
Drink 1 glass of lemon water every morning
A simple trick that you should know about fogged-up windows
Their daughter is involved in a horrible car accident, weeks later the family realizes the truth
It’s easy to spot a new New Yorker—the ones that haven’t quite become New Yorkers yet, but will get there eventually. Here are 25 mistakes you probably made when you first moved here:
1. Swiping your Metrocard the wrong way
2. Not buying the monthly unlimited Metrocard
3. Accidentally getting on the uptown train instead of the downtown train
4. Getting the Manhattan Bridge and the Brooklyn Bridge mixed up
Hint: the Manhattan Bridge is the skinny one
5. Facing the wrong door when the subway stops
6. Going to bars with cover charges
7. Forgetting your umbrella
8. Confusing Bryant Park and Battery Park
Hint: that’s Battery Park
9. Walking over a grate wearing a loose skirt
10. Walking over a grate wearing heels
11. Wearing heels in general
12. Paying the full $25 to go to the Met
13. Going to the Met on a Saturday afternoon
14. Going all the way to the big grocery store instead of just stopping at the bodega
15. Keeping your backpack on aboard a crowded subway car
16. Getting on the local instead of the express
17. Getting on the express instead of the local
18. Standing right in front of the subway doors when people are trying to get off
19. Ordering an $18 burger from a mediocre restaurant
20. Not going to the bathroom before you leave the bar
21. Using Y-Plan instead of Fever
22. Putting your phone in your back pocket
Seriously, you’re asking for that to get stolen.
23. Trying to send a text after you go into the subway station
24. Not carrying cash
25. Smiling at strangers. Seriously, everyone will think something is wrong with you.
To comment you must
with your account or
You ve Been Cleaning Your Oven The Wrong Way Your Entire Life. This...
10 common Coconut Oil mistakes people make and some easy ways to fix...
A new study about blood pressure will change the way doctors practice...
Meet Tatiana Tuzova, a russian real-life barbie doll
Couple Adopts A Neglected Orphan Girl Despite The Warnings
Microsoft Disabled Their Teen Twitter Robot Because The Internet...